Friday, December 15, 2006

little aggravations

They say that many people are depressed this time of year. I am not usually one of them. This year I might be. I should be on top of the world, with a recent engagement, pending nuptials, a new house to buy, a new puppy to love, and generally good things happening all around me. Thing is, I'm a little anxious, perhaps even mildly depressed. I suppose it is because there many things "in the works" and few are getting done.

There are gifts to buy and wrap and send. This is totally unlike me, as I'm the one who always got the shopping done early, and had things posted in plenty of time for Christmas delivery. Shopping in a new city can be daunting. The mall for instance, is simply uncharted territory. I have no idea where to park, nor where to go when I finally get inside. Unlike in Houston, there is only one mall, and everyone is there. EVERYONE! So I tried downtown...again with the parking. Then the walking up and down streets to find a boutique that I've heard about. And the wind....well, if it's anything like yesterday, could carry all gifts to their final destination without delay. My sisters are easy to buy for. Always have been, and yet they remain giftless. My father, who is the hardest to buy for, is taken care of because Steve got online and bought him a gift I might never have thought of. But I haven't wrapped it.

To make matters more difficult, I'm on deadline again. And this time, while materials arrived somewhat early, the clients are at their worst. Perhaps they are feeling the Christmas crunch as well.

And there are the financial issues. Clients that don't want to pay me, accountants who don't want to call me, unfinished divorce business, and the bonus issue.

And this morning, as if on cue, the Universe sent this message....

As far as I can tell, Melissa, worrying, about anything at all, is a pretty good indicator that one has begun thinking that their joy and prosperity will somehow hinge on pending physical events, other people, or angry green Martians.
Can you imagine?!
Phone home,

The Universe

First, Melissa, joy and prosperity are created within. Second, the events and people of your life can be changed with your thoughts. And third, Martians have long dwelled upon your planet, and while there were a few among them considering a coup, even they are now so enthralled by "The Secret," you have absolutely nothing to fear.

Is this all about fear? change? growing pains? And how do I shift the energy?

Right now I'm not sure. But I think a day of shopping with Ann might cure it. But then of course she is in Texas. As I was telling her the other night, nothing cures the blues like a great shopping buddy, and she's the best. In fact, though I'm not a huge shopping fan, when I do it with her, it's fabulous.

And so I remain a little disgruntled, disappointed and bah-humbug. Perhaps I will take the afternoon off and zip off to the coffee shop, then downtown for some hunting and gathering. I always did love a challenge.

No comments: